Gynecological ultrasounds are used to examine the pelvic organs to:
- Help identify a pelvic mass
- Find mass location and determine size, shape and characteristics
- Help detect problems causing pelvic pain or abnormal bleeding
- Locate the position of an intrauterine device (IUD)
- Help monitor ovulation in treating infertility
Sonohysterography, or saline infusion as it is often called, is an ultrasound procedure we perform in our Lebanon office. Sonohysterography requires sterile water to be placed into the uterine cavity during transvaginal ultrasound. This process can help delineate more clearly the presence of lesions in the lining of the uterus. This can be particularly helpful in cases of abnormal uterine bleeding. A special appointment with your gynecologist is required for this procedure.
Patient information on any of the procedures listed above is available in either of our offices. Please feel free to call our Lebanon or Palmyra office at 717.273.8835 with questions – our staff would be happy to assist you.